Monday, February 18, 2008

NCAA update and new Top 20 out soon

Just a note to say that my NCAA update will be up at Hockey's Future probably tomorrow. I thought it would be tonight, but I hit an interesting snag, which I'll say more about if it turns out to be something. After the trade deadline will be a new Top 20 ranking and article -- we need to wait to see if there are any additions incoming. No point in ranking when there could be new faces. I've been tinkering with it for a while now though, and I'll say more in a few days about the process.

The past day of writing has been interesting given my lack of sleep. On Sunday night, in my first shift in my hockey game, a big guy was angling towards me, and I fully expected him to crunch me into the boards. He was a good 75 lbs heavier than me, maybe more. It caused me to get a big rush of adrenaline, the kind you get when you think you're gonna die.

Somehow he avoided me and I only crashed into the boards with my own weight, which of course was a much better outcome. I don't know if the adrenaline helped my game the rest of the night, but it certainly didn't hurt. The downside was that it stayed in my system for like five hours and I couldn't sleep until 2:30 am. I'm still paying the price.

No comments: