Sunday, September 21, 2008

Kowalski invited to Norfolk training camp

Since I had someone come up to me at Thrashers training camp yesterday and ask what was up with Gladiators goaltender Craig Kowalski, I know there's a chunk of the readership who will want to hear about this.

He's been invited to Norfolk Admirals training camp. He is still officially without a contract for the season.

NORFOLK, VA – Twenty-four players will report to Norfolk Scope on Monday morning, September 22, as 2008-09 Norfolk Admirals training camp begins.
..
Goaltenders Nick Boucher, Craig Kowalski and Mike McKenna complete Monday’s roster.
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Holly. I have been waiting on some news. And as always, I get it from your blog. Well I guess that just makes you AWESOME!!! Please keep us up to speed . If you talk to Pyle tell him, WE NEED KWAL BACK IN GWINNETT!!!

Anonymous said...

With Riku Helenius, And Nick Bouder at camp And Mike McKenna already on the roster is it sign we will get Kowalski back in Gwinnett? We need him back, last year was the bomb. I mean this is got me up at night, I know calm down . That's what my wife keeps telling me. This time of year all I need is some HOCKEY!!! I know 22 days to go. Hope to see you all Oct.4, open house.

Anonymous said...

Just read Norfolk's website it said "Kowalski was returned to Gwinnett." Any truth to this or any new news. We want him back and can use his skills, with all the new blood on the team.

Holly Gunning said...

You don't believe something on a team's official website? Wow, tough crowd.

The transaction says returned to Gwinnett because his right are owned by Gwinnett. He can't go anywhere else on his own -- he would have to be traded. So unless you hear a trade, he should be in Gwinnett.